Monday, December 3, 2007

ignorance

I think the main problem in the world is ignorance. All around the world people are ignorant the higher class people pay no attention to the lower class people. Alot of people think that by going to a soup kitchen once a year, putting coins in the christmas drop, giving clothes to the salvation army will cure what they call the poor "problem". But is the problem the poor or the ones who ignore them. The firm lockheed martin is the head of the welfare system, but this welfare system forces parents of kids in lower class places to leave up to 2 hours away to work in rich prodominatly white communitys, so next time you go to cinnabon, or any of those other places you go you could be buying your food from a mom unable to take care of her kids and the U.S. is to ignorant to fix it.

5 comments:

samwisesunbear said...

meh yea i can sorta see that.... meh

Mr. Miles said...

You're very right, Taylor, but I think we have another problem. For 99% of the people out there, the only way out of being poor is to be educated. I've never found a good way to communicate this to my students, though. One has to have skills in order to get the good-paying job, but without taking advantage of learning in high school and going someplace after that, how do you get them?

I mean, I worked SO hard in high school and college. I will probably be paying off my college loans for another five years. But all that hard work has given me skills that make me desireable to different jobs. Why would a Cinnabon worker with NO skills get a good-paying job? What are they supposed to do? If a Cinnabon worker gets $35000 for easy work, then how do others get repaid for all their hard work?

I see the problem, but I don't know how to fix it. So many of the young people today are condemning themselves to low-paying jobs because they won't put in the time or mind-work to develop the skills to make them valuable in the workforce.

ujcorn said...

Yeah, I agree - communism all the way!!!!!!

Taylor said...

What needs to happen is the gv to stop spending trillions of dollars on a pointless war and give trillions of dollars to black sheep/poor and forgotten people why be educated when you live in a mommunity where your chance of survival is so low that there is barley a chance you get to use it, why go to school when u have little siblings at home and your moms not there..?

Mr. Miles said...

Good additional points. But if there is no mom there, then how can money help anyway? Maybe the key is to rebuild family.

It's such a tough issue. I just know that I looked at my life when I was growing up (my family was not educated and was not well-to-do, to say the least) and realized that education was my only way out. And it worked. But I also know that, while I didn't live in a great area, I didn't have to worry about anyone I knew getting shot outside my house either.